Monday, August 24, 2009

Weight Woes

I won't be boring you all with the daily ups and downs of my weight issues. I just need to get it out there that it is a part of me and i'm hoping by annoucing it very publicly i have kickstarted my way to a thinner me :) I will post a litle progress report this time each week though.


Hello

I am a 30 year old overwieght mum.
I have never been a fan of formal exercise and strict calorie counting. Over the last 10 years i have attempted to do both and on the odd occasions i have lost 5 - 10kgs but then it becomes tedious and i get the grumps, although i can feel the benefits of being 5 - 10kgs lighter.

The past 3 months i thought i could ignore my weight and just get on with life hopefully without more weight creeping on. Oh how wrong was i! It's not like i was binging on junky foods and sitting on my butt doing absoloutely nothing, but i certainly wasn't doing alot to help myself.

As of today i am twice the size i was 15 years ago. Ideally i would like to be back at that weight but for now my goal is halfway.

Writing this intro is the 1st of many steps for me to becoming a healthy young mum.

I don't want to do meal replacements, they just don't appeal to me. I also don't want to calorie count as strict as i was. I don't have an exact plan of attack to help shed the kgs yet. I will be using the treadmill every day and i have the wii fit and my fitness coach which i do enjoy using.

I'm a sahm so i really have no excuse to not use these forms of exercise.

Here's to a better me, for my children and hubby, but mostly because it's what i want :)

Until next time
smile brightly
-x-

0 comments: