Sunday, August 16, 2009

Decluttering

I don't like the minimalist look of a home. To me, a home should look like it's lived in, not a sterile doctors surgery! The home is the heart of the family. Somewhere to kick back and relax and enjoy what you have. If the kids want to drag half their bedroom out to the living room then so be it.

I have always lived in homely homes. The family home is full of nooks and crannies filled with items from long ago aswell as the present. You can stand in a particular spot and be transported to another era. Sometimes i think of it as a museum. It's great for the younger generation as there is lots to learn.

The home i share with DH and the children isn't quite like the family home although i am trying. At present it's full of clutter, more then there should be.

I've taken the 1st steps to decluttering my home. One room at a time and at the same time i am making a little extra cash. Online auction sites are my main focus for getting rid of the unwanted/not needed items. So far i have 14 items gone and a nice $ figure to show for it.

I am on the hunt for more unwanted items. I have the children clearing out their rooms and any profits will go straight to them. A good incentive to clean their rooms lol

Until next time
may your home feel lived in
-x-

0 comments: