Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gumball Collection

Gumball machines to be exact.

It's only a small collection of 4. I'm not really interested in collecting more unless there is a purple or orange one out there waiting to be snapped up ;) I do have a red one on a stand but it's gone awol for the moment.

The green one is not a true green machine :( I purchased it from ebay and when i received it the paint was a matt finish compared to the gloss finish of the others. After removing the glass to give it a clean i noticed red around the edges where the glass sits, further investigation revealed it had indeed been a red machine! You can see where the gumball slides down the chute it's red, it's where i rubbed the green paint off. I couldn't be bothered raising an issue with the seller to return it and get a refund (i did give him my 2 cents worth though!)

I sometimes fill them with gumballs much to my children's delight. The pink machine has a broken but repaired glass top so the purple tinsel in it hides the defect and looks funky in my opinion :)



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the gumball machines! Hoping u and yours are all happy and healthy. HS <3