Friday, August 5, 2011

Cars, trucks, my slight obsession

I'm not a girly girl. Never have been. I've always had a liking for motor sports and cars in general but when i was a kid i didn't have the oppertunity to go to car events or tinker under the bonnet of my parents cars. My family aren't rev heads lol

2 of my boyfriends from my late teenage years were obsessed with cars and i quite enjoyed listening to them rabbit on about the ins and outs of cars and motor sports and visiting the local hotrod shows. I even went to the V8 supercar race at Calder Park Victoria with one boyfriend :)

My hubby, who is neither if those 2 boyfriends lol is a truckie so i've come to have a slight obsession with trucks, but only Mack trucks and hubby hasn't driven one of them in the 12 years we've been together! I don't know why, maybe it's the cute looking Mack Bulldog mascot that gets me lol (the real life bulldogs don't appeal to me at all though!)

After wandering around the world wide web while having my morning coffee this morning my slight obsession has heightened. I came across a photo of a Mack pickup (am yet to do thorough research to confirm all the photos i've seen are indeed Macks, i know some are homemade built on a different chasis), but oh how i'd love to get up close and personal with one of these baby's. I've read there is one in a museum in QLD, will have to suss that out a bit more :)



This blog post is the beginging of another major project for hubby and myself and the kiddies if they so desire. I can't let on exactly what it is right now (you may have a fair idea though), you'll have to wait a few more weeks. It's not a quick project, we're hoping 4 years is a good timeframe for completion inbetween the home and garden renovations which seem to have come to a standstill.

So until next time
~x~

0 comments: