Thursday, March 11, 2010

Quirky kitchen gadgets

Do you own any quirky kitchen gadgets? You know, things like a potato peeler with a monkey for a handle or a nutcracker in the shape of a squirrel. Maybe novelty items that are a want not a need? Strawberry slicer, adjustable rolling pin, clip on spoon rest or an egg cracker.

I don't, well, i didn't until i saw these must have measuring cups! Aren't they just gorgeous!



In my defence, my measuring cups were cheap plain looking ones from a cheap shop. They did the job well but i've always been on the lookout for something more pleasing to the eye. The M-cups as they're called, come with 6 different measures, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4 and 1 cup. How simple is baking now? ;)


I think i've got a kitchen gadget bug now lol I want funky unusal items to display on my benchtops. I'm considering the knife block in the shape of a person where the knives slot through the body lol

Until next time
-x-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I must have them! LoL! Could you please tell us where you got them and how much? I love things to function and be fun.

twisted soul said...

hehe, they work well! I got mine from ebay for $23.00 free postage. And i've had a quick look on ebay now and there are sets for $19.99 free postage. That's the cheapest you'll get them. Go and get yourself some now! lol
If you google M Cups you'll find plenty of online stores that have them too.

Hana said...

They're really cute, but I don't need them... I'm measuring with cups and spoons, and if I wanted something more special, we've got some chemistry glasses father brought from a laboratory that was closing down.

Our kitchen seems strangely funky-gadget-free otherwise...
We have a very clever syringe-y thing for making meringues that works very badly. That'd probably count as the funkiest gadget in this house, and I'd like to get rid of it, because every time I was making meringues, I forgot how much mess it was and happily grabbed it to make beautiful maringues; and ended up with almost more egg snow remaining in the gadget and on my hands (and face subsequently) than on the baking pan.
We also have an egg cutter. That's a very useful thing for oncee.
We used to have a gadget for grounding nuts, quite useful around Christmas time, but it disappeared somewhere...

No monkeys or squirrels in this kitchen. Unless you counted my mother, whom father sometimes calls Squirrel, and this little marmot herself. :-)