Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Newbie Alert

Righto, here i am, new to this side of blogging. The past year has seen me lurk through blogs of all descriptions. Some extremely interesting, others full of stuff that makes me roll my eyes. It's possible some of my writings will make people roll their eyes, so all around it evens things out lol.

Okies, a bit about myself to start the ball rolling. I have started the next decade of my life's journey this year. The big 30 jumped upon me in the middle of Winter. I can't say it feels any different but i have noticed subtle changes to the way i do things. Wether this is part of turning 30 i do not know, but they are changes for the better, well, so far they are!

I am a stay at home mum to 2 darling daughters and 1 sweet son, with 3 adult stepchildren thrown in the mix.

I live a resonably quiet hobby farming life with my husband of 10 years this year! He works away from home 5 days a week. It's tough but over the years i and the children have come to deal with his long absences and certainly make up for lost time when he is home.We run a modest herd of cattle on our farm, multiple breeds from the exquisit Scottish Highland Cows to the simple Herefords with a few others thrown in for good measure. We also have horses. Hubby and DD7 are avid horse riders. Chooks - my lil lassies - goats and a dog. Along with the native wildlife who like to grace us with their presence on the odd occasion.

We are trying to be fully self sufficient. Our vegetable gardens span over an acre at the moment. A wide variety of delicious vegies that normally grow in the right weather, pumpkins, zucchinis, squash, tomatoes, watermelon, corn, cucumber, cabbage and plenty more to feed an army. We also have a paddock the children have fondly named the soup paddock which would contain peas, beans, potaotes, carrots and more corn along with plenty more seeds to be sown after the wet weather has passed on.We have the beginings of an orchard too with a magnificant 6 year old fig tree and a struggling quince tree.

I have a few hobbies. Photography is this years passion. I carry the camera in my pocket at all times. I am snap happy and take anywhere from 1 photo to 100 photos a day. I thank the soul who invented the Digital Camera!

I shall stop my ramblings here, it has just gone 10.30am. I can hear the dreaded call of housework! Time to procrastinate me thinks hehe.

Until next time,
smile brightly
-x-

0 comments: