Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Flags

We have a flag pole in the middle of our front yard. At 1st i wanted it gone because it's in an awkward spot but after discovering it was concreted in the ground, apart from angle grinding it off at the bottom but still having the concrete there the only other option was to put up with it. I'm glad it stayed as it's become a talking point with the neighbours and passer by's after i thought long and hard what to do with it.

There are many occassions we have reason to celebrate so what better thing to do than hoist a flag for each occassion.

Australia day saw the Australian flag flying proudly.



St Patricks day, a leprechaun drinking guiness flew high.



Easter bunny made an appearence for a week.



Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of a flag blowing in the wind? lol

I have a happy birthday flag which will be hoisted for each of my children's birthdays during the year.

I'm yet to get a few more different ones, Christmas, New Year, Geelong Cats for when they win the AFL premiership this year ;) Ford racing for when they win their races too! I'll have to put my thinking cap on for other occassions.

Until next time
~x~

0 comments: