Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Productive

The past 2 days have been glorious! The sun has shone brightly and the sky has been a deep blue. It's been awhile since i've seen both. While i appreciate the rain Mother Nature has been freely giving my part of the country, i think it's time she moved on to a more rain needy part of Oz and let my back lawn and paddocks dry out a bit. There is only so much mud i can walk ankle deep in lol.

I gave in and did a majority of Fred's Work yesterday (refer to previous blog if you don't know who Fred is lol). I did a little more today too. It's a huge task but looks great when finished, until it needs to be done again.

I weeded around the roses bushes. They are looking extremely healthy and should be in bloom in the next couple of weeks. I started weeding around the Iris's. They too are ready to pop their buds. I only have 2 different colours, a purple and a maroon. Will have to organise myself to get more varieties.

Hold on, DS4 hears a plane, I'll be back ........................ lol, he has a thing with planes, we often see the crop dusters fly over as they spray the pine trees and one particular plane dips his wings and flashes his lights when passing over if the kids are outside. Just then though, it wasn't the plane, it was a crop dusting helicopter! Not seen one of them over this way before. How excited was DS4, waving like a crazy child lol. I managed to get a photo so we can prove to DH it did come over lol.

Okies, where was i? Ah yes, after the weeding i planted cherry tomato plants, lettuces, capsicums and an eggplant plant. Not in the formal veggie beds though. I have an area along a wall outside the front verandah that has a wallflower bush and lavenders. They have been there for about 3 years and although they haven't died the certainly aren't propspering. Could be not enough sunlight hits the garden bed or the soil is just poor. I tend to look after my veggie plants better then any other plant so hopefully the lavenders will pick up now as i'll be constantly out there willing the tomatoes to grow.

Until next time
how does your garden grow?
-x-

0 comments: