Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dentist

Yesterday, after a sleepless night of mouth pain that no painkillers in my cupboard was going to ease, i took myself off to the dentist. 20 years after the last time i went!
Hmmm, not good hey, but surprisingly my teeth are in ok condition apart from needing 2 fillings and a proper dental cleaning, oh and the wisdom tooth i had extracted yesterday that was the cause of all the pain :) The anesthetic was good, it took 5 hours to wear off, my face felt really weird lol and no there was no dribbling ;P

My reason for not visiting a dentist for so long wasn't out of fear, it's just nothing felt wrong with my teeth. I brush them twice a day, floss and mouthwash. I've had the occasional mild tooth ache in the past 20 years but it's always eased off with no problems. Why, dare i say it, waste time and money on having something looked at that isn't troubling me? I know I'm going to have my wrist slapped for saying that! I know my health is important, but :P

If it's any consolation, my children have regular dental check ups :)

So this morning i am having porridge for breakfast as my mouth is a little tender and i don't want to upset any healing that is happening at the back of my mouth. I really don't want anymore painful sleepless nights and a pile of antibiotics because i didn't look after the hole properly.

I go back next week for my fillings then that should be i for another 20 years perhaps lol

Until next time
~x~

0 comments: