Thursday, June 23, 2011

Collections

They say anymore then 3 items of one thing or similar things is the start of a collection. I wonder if 10 pairs of socks count ;P

I have a few collections and have decided as i unpack storage boxes and put things on display i will blog about each collection.

First up is a collection or rather a selection of pretty glassware. It's only a 1/4 of what i have. I have all sorts of depression glass in pinks, blues, purple and amber. Throw in some modern pieces and it looks grand.
This particular kitchen dresser has housed glassware for the last 5 years. Any other cupboard wouldn't highlight the colours. I especially like the pink depression glass fish bowl (bottom shelf in the middle), i have one in blue too that belonged to my hubby's grandmother :)

I'm not normally into pretty things, or shabby chic, or french provincial. I'm more into retro and country with gothic thrown into the mix. An interesting combination lol

Until next time
Happy collecting
~x~

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Lol more than 3 hey, well then i collect tea cup's i guess! Your Collection is lovely ;)

twisted soul said...

If your teacups are of the pretty and mismatched kind then in my opinion you have yourself a collection ;)

Anonymous said...

Love your collection, have a wonderful day 'today' ;-)

twisted soul said...

Thanks Anon, i have a feeling i know who you are but at the same time i don't know who you are lol. And i had a lovely day thank you.