Monday, September 9, 2013

Changes

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post was the man of the house changed jobs when we moved. Driving trucks would be a distant memory. Yippe! His new job had him home every night :) and weekends were ours to do what we wanted without having to rush through the days just to get everything done before he left again. We got used to having him around more, you could see the small changes for the better in the munchkins with having dad home to do things with them, it was good :)
Then, it all changed. He was offered a job, within his new job, driving trucks up north of Australia, not a bad thing you might think as we'd done it for the past 13 years, but this time it's different, he's away for 3 weeks, home for one, for the next 4 months at this stage :( I've gone from a weekend wife, to a full time wife to a, hmmm, 1 week a month wife? all in a short space of time. Can I do this? is the question I've been asking myself for the past 4 days since he left, my answer has always been the same, no, I don't want to, I shouldn't have to!

This morning when I woke, my answer had changed. I can do this, I will do this and i'll enjoy it! There is so much to do here at home to keep me occupied. I want to get the garden established, the vegie patch formed, the pigs sent to a new home (my main mission in the next 3 weeks), the kids rooms painted and organised so they don't just think of it as a place to sleep with bare walls to stare at, pictures hung all around the house, pack up more at the church so when hubby does come home we can move a little more of the big furniture. There's bound to be more on the to-do list, it shuld be a never ending list!

We have a couple of big weekends coming up, one in October and one in November and I want the munchkins and I to have a few days in QLD with hubby instead of him flying home and the 2 eldest munchkins haven't been to QLD so it'll be an adventure for them. A couple of day trips thrown in to get us out of the house will be planned too now the weather is warming up.
So many plans and things to do, I won't have time to sit and think, which is a good thing for me as I over think things then the anxiety sets in.

So, i'm off to plan my list and hopefuly get some things crossed off or atleast underway by this time next week :)

Until then,
~x~

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoops! Catching up big time!! Such a lot to read - and mostly good. Sorry about hubby's job - what a bummer!! Good to plan things to keep busy and really enjoy the time he is home! xxx HS